Careers at HOTA
HOTA is the dynamic heart for visual and performing arts on the Gold Coast and we are often on the look out for new members to join our close-knit team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Permanent / Contract Positions
Technical Operations Manager
To effectively and efficiently coordinate and oversee the end to end delivery of all technical services delivered by the HOTA Technical Department and assist the Head of Presenter Services in providing a high level of service to all internal and external stakeholders. The role works with a degree of autonomy and decision-making responsibility to ensure all aspects of the department operate effectively and efficiently.
- Provide leadership, coordination and supervision of HOTA Technical Department technicians.
- Ensure effective management of the day to day operations of the Technical Department to ensure that performances and events are technically delivered to the highest standard.
- Undertake cost effective weekly rostering.
- Represent the Technical Department as an integral internal stakeholder at HOTA.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of the technical asset management plan to ensure maintenance requirements are actioned and future infrastructure upgrades are identified and planned for.
- Facilitate an overarching department skills matrix to identify strengths / weaknesses and necessary training requirements and identify and implement traineeship opportunities to support the grass roots development of the Gold Coast’s future arts professionals.
- Monitor and prepare financial reports to ensure compliance with budget constraints and targets.
The incumbent will be able to demonstrate skills / experience in:
- Demonstrated understanding of the operations of a technical department within an arts, entertainment or sporting venue context, with an appreciation of the artistic process and complex network of operational relationships required to realise the vision of a multi-space / purpose environment.
- Proven success in leading teams, with a focus on effective supervision, rostering and leadership to inspire, motivate and train teams.
- Exceptional organisational skills to balance competing deadlines across a range of responsibilities.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and capacity to build strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated competence and/or knowledge of relevant software and systems utilised in resource management for venues and events.
- Demonstrated ability to implement policies and procedures and participate and contribute to continuous quality improvements.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice in delivering safe working environments for live performance & events, and understanding of the practical and legislative requirements to manage Workplace Health and Safety and EEO issues.
HOTA is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
The closing date for this advertisement will be 5pm, 25 October 2018. Please ensure your application includes a cover letter that specifically addresses the selection criteria, as well as an updated CV / Résumé. Please email through to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those that have been selected for an interview will be contacted, so we thank you in advance for taking the time to apply.