Patrons with Individual Needs
HOTA is committed to providing access to the performing arts for visitors with special needs.
If you require any mobility assistance, please call the Box Office on 5588 4000 to book your tickets, and notify the staff at this time. We will then arrange for Front of House staff to assist you when you arrive.
Parking and Drop Off
Parking for people with mobility difficulties is available right out the front of HOTA. A wheelchair-accessible ramp is available at the Outdoor Stage and between the street level and the Gallery foyer of the centre.
People with mobility issues may be dropped off in the designated set-down and pick up area located on the left of the porte cachere out the front of the main building.
The Theatres, Outdoor stage and Cinemas are wheelchair accessible (Please note – There is no lift access to Balcony seating in the Theatre 1). If you require wheelchair access and seating at the Theatre 1 or Outdoor Stage please notify Box Office when you book your tickets. We don’t require advance notice for wheelchair access to the HOTA Cinema.
You can view the seating layout of The Theatre 1 by clicking here.
Guide, hearing and assistance dogs
We welcome patrons accompanied by guide dogs. Please notify the Box Office staff when you book your tickets.
Closed Captions Available
Closed Captions are now available on select movies that contain the technology which is indicated with a CC or closed caption available text below the times and dates.
Cinema 1 and 2 each has 3 types of equipment available to assist our guests upon request.
The variety of equipment available, are as follows –
Closed Caption Headset Receiver
– to assist hearing impaired guests
– Glasses with captions that receive caption via Infrared energy.
– Integrated System – Single IR emitter carries both HI and VI-N audio and closed caption text
Closed Caption Receiver
– Gooseneck held caption box that receives captions via infrared energy. Rests in the chair cup holder.
Listening assistive headset
– For our visually impaired guests, now you can listen to audio described movies so you can hear things you might have difficulty seeing with a spoken commentary and enjoy all the parts of a movie, including visual jokes, visual scenes, settings and body language.
– These headsets can also be used to assist hearing impaired guests with audio enhancement.
– The audio is delivered through a personal headset with individual left and right volume controls.
As an affiliate of the Queensland Government’s Companion Card program, we provide Companion Card holders a second ticket for their chosen companion at no cost. Please request this Box Office when you phone to book your tickets.
Hearing in the Theatre 1
The Theatre 1 is equipped with Sennheiser Infra-Red Sound Reinforcement. This system can assist patrons with all levels of hearing impairment including hearing aids. The Sennheiser equipment can be obtained, free of charge, from the Box Office. Please notify the Box Office staff when you book, and we will ensure the system is ready for you to collect upon your arrival.
HOTA has lifts which assist patrons with mobility difficulties to access most levels. Please note some lifts require HOTA staff to operate and there is no lift access to The Balcony seating in the theatre.
Wheelchair accessible toilets are located on all floors.
Restaurants and bars
The HOTA Café and foyer bar are accessible by wheelchair.