How time flies! Here at HOTA we're recording our strongest month ever this April, just in time to celebrate 12 months of HOTA Gallery.
Audiences have returned to HOTA in record numbers, with more than 54,000 people attending a variety of experiences in April, including a whopping 30,925 to HOTA Gallery. The numbers attest to a stellar year for the HOTA Gallery, which celebrates a milestone 12 months since its spectacular opening on May 8 in 2021.
'It's been extraordinary. For the first time we're welcoming visitors from interstate, Singapore, New Zealand, and the UK but Gold Coasters continue to be our bedrock of support,' said HOTA CEO Criena Gehrke.
'With more than 180,000 visitors to date, 4 major exhibitions and a global pandemic to contend with, we’re pleased to be able to celebrate,' said Criena.
'Happy Birthday HOTA Gallery, what a year it’s been.'
Welcoming tens of thousands of visitors, putting the Gold Coast front and centre with national and international media, and providing a platform for some of the city’s greatest artists has delivered an extraordinary year.
2022 has also seen the introduction of new collections and experiences, including the ever-popular Bricktionary: The Interactive LEGO® Brick Exhibition.
'We launched the Bricktionary exhibition at Easter and we saw record numbers straight away' said Criena.
'Nearly 12,000 saw the exhibition in the first 10 days and weekends continue be very popular, especially off the back of the new season of LEGO Masters and Ryan ‘The Brickman’ McNaught’s new book that accompanies the exhibition.'
Dining experiences have also been popular at HOTA with nearly 14,000 guests experiencing the culinary diversity of the precinct, including HOTA Café and the Coast’s exceptional rooftop experience - The Exhibitionist Bar.
Since being awarded Two Chef Hats from the Australian Good Food Guide in February, Palette continues to welcome new diners as the equal-highest rated restaurant on the Gold Coast.
'I’m proud of what the HOTA team has achieved in delivering the vision of the City over the past 12 months, but the fun doesn’t stop there… with so much more to come,' Criena added.
HOTA Gallery - 12 months since opening
- 180,000+ visitors
- Opened 4 major exhibitions
- Launched 2 exhibitions in the Children’s Gallery
- TIME magazine World’s Greatest Places 2021
HOTA - April Statistics
- 8,450 patrons welcomed to the Cinema, including films screened as part of the Gold Coast Film Festival
- 14,870 audience members for live events:
- Including 11,418 people to 3 sold-out gigs on the Outdoor Stage
- 30,925 visitors to the HOTA Gallery
- Including 17,029 people at Bricktionary
- Almost 14,000 guests have dined at Palette, The Exhibitionist Bar and HOTA Café
- The HOTA Shop has welcomed 5,476 shoppers
- More than 10,000 attendees to the HOTA Markets
- Nearly 2,000 delegates attended business events