Can I bring my own food and drink when visiting the precinct?
Can I bring alcohol to the precinct?
Can I take photographs or make recordings during performances at HOTA?
What can I bring to the Gallery?
Can I smoke at the precinct?
Can I bring my dog to the precinct?
What can I bring with me events on the Outdoor Stage?
Please see specific event pages for more details on what you can and can’t bring to our Outdoor Stage events. Please also don’t bring pets (unless specified), bikes, scooters, glass or weapons (obviously!)
What security measures are in place on the site?
General Outdoor Venue Conditions
- The promoter of the Event is Home of the Arts (ACN 060 787 466 ) (“the Promoter”)
- You acknowledge that you enter the Event and the Venue at your own risk.
- During an Event, patrons must use designated pathways as much as possible and follow official directions by venue staff and security.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject any person for behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance or for failure to comply with reasonable requests. Intoxication, aggressive or anti-social behaviour is unacceptable and will result in ejection from the Venue. Those ejected from the Venue will not be re-admitted to the Event.
- Parking is available onsite and to the west of Bundall Road, however, we highly encourage investigating other methods of transport, taxi, water taxi, uber, walking, cycling and public transport for getting to the event. If you are going to drive, please reach out to your friends and carpool. There will be high demand for every available parking space.
- All patrons must adhere to local licensing laws. Intoxicated or disorderly patrons will be evicted from the venue. DON’T MISS THE SHOW – Stay In Control.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Trespassers and anyone assisting trespassers will be evicted from the Venue.
- Persons under 18 must be accompanied by a ticket-holding parent or legal guardian at all times.
- For parents considering bringing a baby to the Venue- bringing your baby is entirely your prerogative, however not recommended, for both the child’s wellbeing and safety, and your enjoyment of the show. We suggest not using prams or strollers due to the sloping nature of the lawn.
- Please bring ID for every ticketed event.
- Please note: there is no shade or protection from sun or rain.
- No tables, tents or sun shelters.
- No BYO alcohol. Patrons found to have brought alcohol into the Venue will be evicted from the Venue. Patrons who are 18 and over and wish to enter the site will need photo ID and they may require a wristband depending on the event. It is an offence to supply minors with alcohol and anyone found supplying minors with alcohol will be evicted from the Venue.
- No large eskys, cooler bags, backpacks or carry bags. No shopping trolleys or push carts
- Standard sized, foldable camping chairs are permitted during events. Low beach chairs are permitted but not recommended. No large oversized chairs, reclining chairs, lounges or deckchairs will be permitted on site.
- No glass – this includes drinking glasses, jars, or any other containers or items made of glass. You may not bring any glass object into the Venue.
- No metal cutlery or knives of any sort are permitted into the Venue.
- No weapons of any kind.
- No animals (except guide dogs or service dogs) unless stipulated by the event type, are permitted in the Venue.
- No beanbags, blow-up air chairs or lounges.
- Point and shoot cameras are permitted but professional-standard cameras and video cameras are not. Unauthorized photography may result in images being deleted by security staff. Media and professional photographers must arrange accreditation through our publicist Kath Rose. Discretion as to whether your camera is deemed a professional-standard camera rests with the Promoter’s security staff and debate will not be entered into. Cameras with powerful zoom lenses or multiple lenses in a carry case or SLR cameras are generally not allowed.
- Recording devices including iPads/tablets or any mobile phone measuring greater than 20cm.
- Open fires, naked flames, disposable BBQs, laser pointers, fireworks, flares, flags or banners, whistles, horns, musical instruments, loud hailers, public address systems, drones or any other objects or remote-controlled devices considered by the Promoter and the Venue to be dangerous or capable of causing a public nuisance that could be used to distract, obstruct or interfere with any performer are prohibited.
- Space is limited on the lawn. You will be directed by security and event staff to condense your setup if it is deemed excessive.
- Smoking is ONLY permitted in marked designated smoking areas.
- By entering an Event, you consent to being filmed and photographed during the Event. Footage or images may be reproduced, published and exploited by the Promoter without restriction including but not limited to marketing and promotional use and in all media.
- The Event will only be abandoned if the Promoter deems the conditions dangerous. The decision to cancel an Event will be made as early as possible but may not be made until the day of the event.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule the Event. If the Event is cancelled or re-scheduled, the Promoter will use best endeavours to notify ticket holders via its website and social media. In the case of re-scheduled Events, ticket holders unable to attend the re-scheduled Event must apply for a refund within five working days of the re-scheduled Event. Ticket holders of free or complimentary tickets will not be entitled to a refund for a cancelled or re-scheduled Event.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the support act line-up without prior notification.
Warning: Excessive exposure to loud music may cause damage or loss to your hearing. The use of earplugs is recommended if long term hearing damage or loss is of concern to you.
Warning: The Venue is an outdoor venue and whilst all care has been taken to make the Venue safe, the Venue may contain dangerous and uneven surfaces. Patrons should exercise all care and caution when entering or on the Venue premises.
In the Event of an emergency situation or evacuation, you must follow all official directions by Venue staff & security.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Venue accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damages however caused by the patron attending the Event or by entering or being on the Venue.