When you come to HOTA we ask for one of your most valuable things – your time. We want to make sure we offer up amazing experiences, deeper engagement and raise the bar about what you can expect to see here.
Our creative team are constantly talking with artists and performers around the world and keeping an eye on performances, events and festivals that they think the Gold Coast would love.
Here are 10 art trends we’re excited about in 2019 (in no particular order):
- Performances where you can engage with the arts in surprising places and in unexpected ways.
- A blurring of arts disciplines creating performances and events that are incredible (but hard to define)
- Unique, immersive experiences and real engagement, not just the opportunity for a pretty picture.
- Festivals that are more about the environment and the experience, and less about the artists
- Events that are multi-generational and create traditions
- Total immersion theatre and durational works (e.g. 24 hours) where you really get to know the performers
- Nostalgic icons like Nick Cave and Kate Tempest, and retro social trends from the 60s and 70s
- Robotics and AI both in the gallery (and out)
- Nature and the outdoors intertwined as part of the artistic experience
- Professional artists and the community coming together to perform site-specific works.
We’re always looking to raise the creative pulse, and we’ve got lots in store for you this year. Watch this space.