FAQs for Dancing on the Green
What can I bring to the Event?
- Low beach chairs & rugs. There is no seating in the event site
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages – but please no glass.
- Food and beverages including alcohol will be available for purchase
- The outdoor stage has some sloped and uneven areas. Wear sensible footwear/gumboots for wet weather.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat!ÿPlease note:ÿthere are no sheltered areas – come prepared for rain or shine.
- For sunny days make sure you wear a wide-brimmed hat for protection and bring plenty of sunscreen with you.
- If the forecast is for rain please bring suitable shoes a poncho or raincoat.
- The end of the Event is expected to be dark as we turn the lights out – please bring a torch.
Please do not bring to the event:
- Alcohol. This event is alcohol free
- Selfie and Go Pro sticks.
- “Aerosols, sunshades, tents and tables.”
- Glass containers of any variety.
- Professional cameras (including SLR’s & any camera with a removable lens) and sound and video recording equipment. For full details read the answer to ‘Can I bring my camera or sound and video recording equipment?’ below.
- Pets (other than guide and registered service dogs)
- “Beanbags, blow-up air chairs or lounges.”
- “No hard coolers, eskis, cooler bags larger than 26L (cabin sized).”
- For a full list of prohibited items please refer to the Venue Conditions.HOTA does not take any responsibility for confiscated items.
Can I bring my camera or sound and video recording equipment?
Where do I find performance times?
- Performance times will be posted on the HOTA website
- Please note performance times can be subject to change without notice.
Can I bring my own alcohol?
Can I bring the kids?
For parents considering bringing a baby to the Event – bringing your baby is entirely your prerogative, however not recommended, for both the child’s wellbeing and safety, and your enjoyment of the show. Due to the sloping nature of the venue, we suggest not bringing prams.
Persons under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
Please note: there is no shade or protection from sun or rain.
Where can I park?
Is First Aid available?
Can I bring an Esky?
What if it rains?
The decision to cancel a show will be made as early as possible but may not be made until the day of the show. In the event of inclement weather, patrons should check this website and the official Facebook event page BEFORE departing for the show for messages regarding traffic, parking or wet weather arrangements.
Can I smoke?
Where is Lost Property?
Is the program time likely to change?
Are EFTPOS facilities available?
Are there facilities for people with disabilities?
Please Note: the outdoor stage has some sloped and uneven areas.
Besides driving what are the transport options to and from venue?
If you are going to drive, please reach out to your friends and carpool. There will be high demand for every available parking space.
What are the Food options onsite?
If you’ve any special dietary needs it’s probably best to bring your own food, we can’t guarantee how many food trucks there will be or what options they will have.