Advice on COVID-19
Updates on COVID-19 from Queensland Health can be found here however their current advice is as follows:
If you have been in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 case OR if you have just returned from a travel-restricted country, then you MUST SELF-ISOLATE for 14 days. Please check here for the up to date list of travel-restricted countries.
Self-isolation means staying at home, not accepting visitors and avoiding situations where you could infect other people.
In addition, if you have travelled to an area that has been affected by COVID-19 recently, AND develop any of the following symptoms, you should self-isolate and seek medical care immediately:
- Flu-like symptoms such as a cough, sore throat or headache
- Difficulty breathing.
If you meet the criteria above, please call the dedicated Department of Health and Human Services hotline on 1800 675 398 and seek medical care.
Where can I get up to date information?
- Coronavirus Health Information Line – for information on COVID-19 you can call 1800 020 080, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- For global up-to-date information on COVID-19 please visit the WHO website
- Up-to-date Australian information and resources (including fact sheets) on COVID-19 can be found on the Australian Government Department of Health website
- If you have travelled to a high-risk country in the last 14 days and are unwell you can call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) for health advice.