As educators, you are our partner in lifelong learning and we stand with you as a champion of art. We believe in its power to unite, challenge, transform and delight. We believe art education enables our children to live their lives by design and not by default. We are genuinely interested, constantly inventive and always learning. That’s how we innovate and it will take time to foster our cultural evolution.
The sneak peek of our 2019 program (available mid-Oct) is a taste of what’s coming up over the next year at HOTA, Home of the Arts. Inside you’ll find a curated selection of interesting performances and educational opportunities.
To make a group/school booking please call Box Office on 5588 4000 or you can reserve tickets by following the instructions on our How Do I Book page.
We are grateful that the Jock and Beverly McIlwain Bus Fund will continue to support Gold Coast students through the generous subsidy of bus travel to HOTA. And we’d like to thank our partner, Emmanuel College, for their vision and commitment to art and culture and their contribution to the delivery, engagement and accessibility of HOTA education initiatives for young people in our region.
We believe HOTA is the platform for Gold Coast children to grow in their creative development. We invite you to wander our parklands, explore our theatres, gallery, and spaces and discover, reflect and be inspired by the diversity of our experiences.
Our home is your home. See you soon.
Organise an excursion to Gallery at HOTA
Gallery at HOTA continues to celebrate and develop the skills of the city’s fine young artists, exhibiting innovative and exciting exhibitions designed to stimulate thought and creativity.
We can provide schools with the option of paid or free making activities in addition to a guided tour by a Gallery Educator. We customize our tours to your specific interests and learning areas. Chat to us about how we can make hands-on excursions just for your school.
- Notice of two weeks minimum is required for all school bookings.
- Maximum group size per Gallery Educator is 30 students. Larger groups can still be accommodated for by rotating Exhibition spaces and making activities.
- We recommend you allow at least an hour and a half for your excursion. This includes arrival and departure of students, Gallery introduction, guided tour and hands-on activity.
Options for your visit:
FREE School Visit
Inquiry-based tour from a Gallery educator with an optional paper-based making activity or role-play.
Paid School Visits: $70 per class of 30 students
Inquiry-based tour from a Gallery Educator with a medium or material-based making activity.
School Group Booking Terms and Conditions:
- Increases in numbers are accepted at any time, however are subject to availability and must be made in writing.
- Decreases in numbers will be accepted if made before the Confirmation of Numbers Deadline and must be made in writing.
- Decreases in numbers will not be accepted after the Confirmation of Numbers Deadline and the school is liable for payment for the number of tickets originally booked.
- Cancellations made after the Confirmation of Numbers Deadline will incur a 20% cancellation fee of the total booking amount.
- Payment must be received by the due date or your tickets will be released.
- If a booking is made after the Confirmation of Numbers Deadline, payment must be received within 1 week of booking and is final. Refunds, changes to dates and numbers will not be accepted.
- Each school is entitled to 1 free teacher ticket per 10 paying students. Additional teachers are charged the Student Group Price.
- By making a school booking with Home of the Arts it is agreed that you accept the Terms and Conditions.
- An extension to your payment date will only be granted by the Head of Box Office- should you wish to discuss this option please call the Box Office (07) 5588 4055.
- Facilities including wheelchair parking spaces are available for patrons with individual needs. Please make your requirements known to us as soon as possible.
- Wheelchair parking spaces must be pre-booked.
- Any bookings for productions in Theatre 2 must be paid in full within 48 hours of booking, or seats will be released for sale.