We believe experiencing the arts is essential for young people.
Art has the power to unite, challenge, transform and delight. And we believe art education enables our children to live their lives by design and not by default.
A sneak peek of our 2020 program, available Monday 14 October, is a curated selection of interesting performances and educational opportunities from some of the country’s best theatre companies, performers and artists.
Our focus in 2020 is to provide new and exciting programs that align with the Australian Curriculum to support students and teachers in their learning journey. Our program offers students the opportunity to consider and reflect on some big ideas, and unpack and reach a deeper understanding about a range of social, moral and ethical issues.
Bookings will open on 9am Thursday 31 October. To make a school booking please call Box Office on 5588 4000 or you can reserve tickets by following the instructions on our How Do I Book page.
We are grateful that the Jock and Beverly McIlwain Bus Fund will continue to support Gold Coast students through the generous subsidy of bus travel to HOTA. And we’d like to thank our partner, Emmanuel College, for their vision and commitment to art and culture and their contribution to the delivery, engagement and accessibility of HOTA education initiatives for young people in our region.
We look forward to welcoming you, and your students, to HOTA, Home of the Arts.
The new HOTA Gallery will open in early 2021. And with unexpected art indoors and out, HOTA, Home of the Arts, will become a must-see cultural destination.
Tours for small groups are still available to visit the Art in our Gallery Foyer. Fill out the form below, and a Gallery staff member will get back to you.
School Group Booking Terms and Conditions:
- Increases in numbers are accepted at any time, however are subject to availability and must be made in writing.
- Decreases in numbers will be accepted if made before the Confirmation of Numbers Deadline and must be made in writing.
- Decreases in numbers will not be accepted after the Confirmation of Numbers Deadline and the school is liable for payment for the number of tickets originally booked.
- Cancellations made after the Confirmation of Numbers Deadline will incur a 20% cancellation fee of the total booking amount.
- Payment must be received by the due date or your tickets will be released.
- If a booking is made after the Confirmation of Numbers Deadline, payment must be received within 1 week of booking and is final. Refunds, changes to dates and numbers will not be accepted.
- Each school is entitled to 1 free teacher ticket per 10 paying students. Additional teachers are charged the Student Group Price.
- By making a school booking with Home of the Arts it is agreed that you accept the Terms and Conditions.
- An extension to your payment date will only be granted by the Head of Box Office- should you wish to discuss this option please call the Box Office (07) 5588 4055.
- Facilities including wheelchair parking spaces are available for patrons with individual needs. Please make your requirements known to us as soon as possible.
- Wheelchair parking spaces must be pre-booked.
- Any bookings for productions in Theatre 2 must be paid in full within 48 hours of booking, or seats will be released for sale.
- Filming and photography may take place during events for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be filmed please notify a HOTA staff member, or email email@example.com.
- By purchasing a ticket or registering for a workshop or PD opportunity, you acknowledge that you comply with all Terms & Conditions. You can read the full Terms & Conditions here.